Uncover the secrets of the fantasy art masters!
- 17 interviews and 24 workshops from the biggest names in the genre
- Step-by-step tutorials on everything from painting in watercolor to getting a traditional look digitally
- Featured artists include Frank Frazetta, H.R. Giger, Syd Mead, Boris Vallejo, and more
- Expanded new edition adds 2 new artist interviews and 3 new workshops
- Core skills section offers basic training on techniques
Masters and Legends of Fantasy Art, 2nd Expanded Edition is the ultimate guide to fantasy, sci-fi, and comic art techniques, advice, and theory. Packed with in-depth interviews and amazing workshops from the biggest names in the genre, you'll learn everything you need to know to paint like these fantasy art masters, with advice from legendary talents like Frank Frazetta, H.R. Giger, Syd Mead, Boris Vallejo, and more.
Discover how to create classic fantasy, imaginative sci-fi, and comic art, with advice on how to tell visual stories, make inspired illustrations, and create strong characters. You'll also learn how to paint better spaceships, faeries, aliens, and elf rangers, with plenty of tips about creating a traditional or modern look using digital techniques, as these star artists reveal their secrets for designing and painting classic fantasy illustrations using modern tools of the trade like Adobe Photoshop, Corel Painter, and Wacom tablets.
A core skills section offers tips and techniques on basic topics such as drawing dynamic poses, using custom brushes, and rendering realistic materials like skin, hair, cloth, fur, scales, and shiny metal. A free download link offers video workshops with the artists, layered image files and more.
Featured artists in the new 2nd Expanded Edition include:
- Frank Frazetta
- H.R. Giger
- Syd Mead
- Boris Vallejo & Julie Bell
- James Gurney
- Chris Foss
- Charles Vess
- Adam Hughes
- Andrew Jones
- Brian Froud
- Dave Gibbons
- Jean "Moebius" Giraud
- Raymond Swanland
- ...and many more!